Female personal trainer london
There’s always loads of articles and advice out there at this time of year about what you should and shouldn’t be doing in the gym to kickstart your fitness. So I thought I’d cut through the content and distil it down to 5 tips which will help you to rev up your workouts and get fitter faster. Hey, you’ve put the time in, so you may as well get the most out!
1. Work in some high intensity bouncing around somewhere in your workouts. My blogs/workouts show I’m a huge fan. It’s time efficient and it’s effective, particularly at boosting fat burn. Just 5, 10, or 15 mins hard work can make a huge difference.
2. Swap some cardio for weight training. According to researchers at the University of Southern Maine, 30 minutes of weight training burns as many calories as 30 minutes of running at a superfast six-minutes-per-mile pace!
3. And on that note, choose efficient ‘compound exercises’ which work multiple muscles together. Why do a bicep curl alone, when you can add a squat for bum and legs before it, and push your arms above your head after for shoulder burn too?!
4. Try Yoga. It’s something I’m just discovering. Not only does it stretch out those tired muscles and boost flexibility, those bodyweight moves means it boosts strength too.
5. Do a little bit of something, even if it’s not what you planned. Perhaps you’d planned a jog but the rain has put you off. Take 10 minutes to do something else indoors instead (I refer you to points 1-4!). It’ll mean you are less likely to skip your next workout too.
Female personal trainer London